DIREITOS DOS ANIMAIS
Lei de Crimes Ambientais
Sou vegetariana por amor aos animais
COLHER OU MATAR, a escolha é sua
"Se os matadouros tivessem paredes de vidro
todos seriam vegetarianos."
(Paul e Linda Mc Cartney)
Translator Widget by Dicas Blogger
quinta-feira, 18 de junho de 2015
Por que não devemos usar lã
Existem muitas opções de lã sintética, não precisamos supliciar animais indefesos para retirar o que é deles e nasceu com eles.
1. About 25 percent of the world’s wool comes from Australia.
2. Young lambs’ ears are hole-punched, their tails are chopped off, and the males are castrated, all usually without anesthetics or pain relief.
3. It is considered “normal” in the Australian wool industry for approximately 3 million young lambs to die every spring.
4. Lambs sometimes die because of poor nutrition.
5. This wound is the result of a process called “mulesing,” and it’s standard practice in the industry.
6. During “mulesing,” workers carve huge strips of skin off the backs of lambs’ legs and around their tails.
7. Or workers attach vise-like clamps to their flesh until it dies and sloughs off.
8. In the rush to produce more wool, many sheep die from exposure after premature shearing.
9. An unnatural overload of wool also causes animals to die of heat exhaustion during hot months.
10. During shearing, sheep can sustain anything from nicks to complete amputations of their udders, ears, penises, and other body parts.
11. Eyewitness: “I have seen shearers punch sheep with their shears or their fists until the sheep’s nose bled. I have seen sheep with half their faces shorn off.”
12. During auction, the pens are crowded and sheep may die because of injuries or stress.
13. When sheep age and their wool production declines, they are sent to slaughter.
14. Millions of live sheep are shipped from Australia to the Middle East and North Africa every year.
15. A 2005 report stated that about 38,000 sheep died in transit. In most cases, their carcasses were thrown overboard.
16. In New Zealand, methane emissions from enteric fermentation, coming mostly from sheep, make up more than 90 percent of the nation’s greenhouse-gas emissions.
Don’t support an industry that treats sheep as disposable and not as the smart, sensitive, dignified animals they are. Sheep deserve better.
Ivana Maria Negri
Enviar por e-mail
Compartilhar no Twitter
Compartilhar no Facebook
Compartilhar com o Pinterest
Como se extrai a lã
Postar um comentário
Postagem mais recente
Postagem mais antiga
Postar comentários (Atom)